We are proud to have a thriving junior tennis program at Palmerston.
Our junior coaching sessions are open to all ages and all abilities. All players need is a racquet and bags of enthusiasm. Parents can play too!
Palmy Army Weekly Junior Programme
The cost of our sessions are £6 (two juniors in a session in the same family for £10), Parents can also join in free.
The Tournament Club sessions cost £7.50. These intensive drill and coaching sessions are open to Juniors playing in League Teams plus Adult league Team players.
SUMMER 2023 PROGRAMME
MONDAYS and FRIDAYS with David
- 5.30pm Junior Tennis
SATURDAYS with David
- 9am Mini Tennis (parents get involved on court)
- 10.15am Intermediates
- 11.30am Older Children
- 2.30pm Tournament Club (Juniors and Adults)
SUNDAYS with James
- 9am Mini Tennis for 5 to 9 year olds
- 10am Intermediates for 9 to 12 year olds
Beginner Courses – LTA Youth Start for ages 4-11
LTA Youth Start is for kids aged 4-11 years who are new to tennis.
We run the sessions on Fridays at 4.15pm.
Check out our upcoming sessions by clicking HERE
Some of our juniors have gone on to win regional championships!
Palmerston Junior Coaching Session Format
Elements of Tennis introduced include:
- Ground strokes – forehand, backhand, ready position, tracking, movement and position
- Volleys – playing at the net, differentiating a volley from a groundstroke
- Serving – developing the serve to introduce elements of spin and direction
- Tactical decision making – when and where to play which shot Each session consists of the following structure, developing over the weeks to allow our junior players to develop and understand technical and tactical elements of Tennis and put them into practice in game-based scenarios.