We are proud to have a thriving junior tennis program at Palmerston.
Our junior coaching sessions are open to all ages and all abilities. All players need is a racquet and bags of enthusiasm. Parents can play too!
Palmy Army Junior Programme
This will continue on weekends.
The Monday session will start on April 4th – the cost will be £6 (two juniors in a session in the same family for £10), Parents can also join in free.
The Tournament Club sessions cost £7.50 and intensive drills and coaching sessions open to Juniors playing in League Teams plus Adult league Team players.
SATURDAYS with David
- 9am Mini Tennis (parents get involved on court)
- 10.15am Intermediates
- 11.30am Older Children
- 2.30pm Tournament Club (Juniors and Adults)
SUNDAYS with James
- 9am Mini Tennis
- 10am IntermediatesMONDAYS with David
- 5pm Mini Tennis
- 6pm Intermediates
- 7.15pm Tournament Club (Juniors and Adults)
Some of our juniors have gone on to win regional championships!
Palmerston Junior Coaching Session Format
Elements of Tennis introduced include:
- Ground strokes – forehand, backhand, ready position, tracking, movement and position
- Volleys – playing at the net, differentiating a volley from a groundstroke
- Serving – developing the serve to introduce elements of spin and direction
- Tactical decision making – when and where to play which shot Each session consists of the following structure, developing over the weeks to allow our junior players to develop and understand technical and tactical elements of Tennis and put them into practice in game-based scenarios.